FS22 WINDYLOADS V0.0.5.0
For all the friends of a more realistic play style. Some loads will be blown away by heavy winds when transported in open trailers or other vehicles.
first implementation of particle system for blowing effect. See mod description for limitations
bugfix of addSpecialization function in RegisterSpecialization.lua (line 80)
– added some more description text
– added possibility to determine the minimum required speed above which loads will be blown away by the modDesc.xml
– added a global blow factor which is multiplied with the internal calculation results of the blow rates. It can be adjusted via the modDesc.xml. Standard is 1.0 which is equal to 100%. Setting this value to zero will effectively turn off the mod. Higher values increase the strength of the blwoing effect.
– script now includes the possibility to exclude vehicles based on the user config from modDesc.xml
The strength of this effect depends on the kind of load as well as on the fill level of the respective vehicle. A fully filled trailer will be much more affected by the mod than an only partially filled one. High velocities have an overproportional effect on the blowing strength. Closing the cover of trailers avoids the effect of losing loads. So if a vehicle has no cover, you should think about what to transport with it.
The package includes a .xsd file which describes the allowed configuration paramaters of the modDesc.xml.
Explanation of the configuration parameters:
– debugMode: when active an ingame hud is shown which reveals some of the internal calculation values, while operating a vehicle that is influenced by the mod. Furthermore some of the critical events in the mod processing are printed to the games log file. Depending on the map, fill types and vehicles this can be a lot! Only for people who want to know exactly what’s goning on. Don’t blame me for bad things happening in debug mode 😉
– considerWindSpeed: when active, the current wind speed in the game is considered for calculating the strength of blowing loads. Driving against the wind blows away more load than driving with it coming from the back.
– minBlowSpeed: This is the speed in km/h (not necessarily the value shown in game) above which the calculation for blowing loads comes into effect. Below this speed, no loads will be blown away.
– blowFactorGlobal: This is a global scaling factor (float value) for the strength of the effect of blowing away loads. The standard value is 1 (one) which equals 100 %. A value of zero (or below) effectively deactivates the mod. Values above 1 increase the strength of the blowing effect.
Important note: This is still work in progress! I’m thankful for any feedback about bugs, errors or improvement suggestions.
Idee / Konzept: Bikercelle, Sushifresser
Tester: aelxr, Bikercelle
DOWNLOAD FS22_WindyLoads.zip – 29 KB